Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Lion and the Mouse

The Lion and the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney is all about illustrations. This beautifully illustrated book tells a story about a mouse and a lion without text. A picture version to retell the famous Aesop story. The pictures come to life and are detailed to perfection. He uses panels in his art work and the illustrations are done in water color and pencil color. No words, other than some sounds, are need to retell this children's favorite tale. I had the honor of meeting him at ALA. Below is a picture I took of him along with a picture my friend Lucy took. I stood in line for quite some time to get this autograph, but it was well worth it. This might be the only book I have with no text, yet it was still a beautiful read. Explain that.

Pinkney, Jerry (2009). The Lion and the Mouse. New York: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers.





No comments:

Post a Comment