Thursday, September 30, 2010

Junie B., First Grader Boss of Lunch


I love Junie B! My girls, now teenagers, LOVED reading these books. I think we almost have all the collection. In the summer, as I helped them clean their room, I found this collection and wanted to bring them all to my classroom library. But my girls would not part with them. They haven't even read them in a long while, but they still wanted to keep them. Junie B is a rumbustious first grader who has her own theories on everything. In Boss of Lunch, Junie B. becomes a "helper" in the school cafeteria. Junie B love Mrs. Guzman, the cafeteria lady and she allows Junie B. to help out in the kitchen if she follows the cafeteria rules. Junie B. soon becomes the "boss" of the napkins and sponges and any thing else she can think of. Junie B. losses friends, but in the end is save by Mrs. Guzman and cookies. The book has dialogue and vocabulary suited for first and second graders. Barbara Park, the author knows exactly how children at that age speak.

Park, Barbara (2002). Junie B, First Grader Boss of Lunch. New York: Random House.


.




No comments:

Post a Comment